POV: Art and Craft DVD
Single DVDARCR401 Our Price: $34.99
ART AND CRAFT starts out as a cat-and-mouse art caper, rooted in questions of authorship and authenticity - but what emerges is an intimate story of obsession and the universal need for community, appreciation, and purpose.
- Related Items
- Product Description
- Length: 89 minutes on 1 Disc
- Subtitles: Yes
- Number of Programs: 1
- Country of Origin: United States
- Mark Landis has been called one of the most prolific art forgers in US history. His impressive body of work spans thirty years, covering a wide range of painting styles and periods that includes 15th Century Icons, Picasso, and even Walt Disney. And while the copies could fetch impressive sums on the open market, Landis isn't in it for money. Posing as a philanthropic donor, a grieving executor of a family member's will, and most recently as a Jesuit priest, Landis has given away hundreds of works over the years to a staggering list of institutions across the United States. But after duping Matthew Leininger, a tenacious registrar who ultimately discovers the decades-long ruse and sets out to expose his philanthropic escapades to the art world, Landis must confront his own legacy and a chorus of museum professionals clamoring for him to stop.
- Feature-length audio commentary with directors Sam Cullman and Jennifer Grausman, and co-director Mark Becker
- Deleted scenes
- Faux Reel - new featurette with film subjects Matt Leininger and Aaron Cowan
- Post-screening Q&A audio recording with forger Mark Landis
- Theatrical trailer