American Experience Modern U.S. President DVD bundle pack
DVD SetAMMP653 List Price: $164.89 Our Price: $109.99 30% off orders of $99 or more (See Promotion Details)
Save when you buy this American Experience Modern U.S. Presidents combo pack today! Explore the lives of the most recent US Presidents! Included in bundle: The Kennedys: 2003 DVD, Lyndon Baines Johnson (LBJ) DVD, Nixon DVD, Jimmy Carter DVD, Reagan DVD, George H.W. Bush DVD, and Clinton DVD.
- Related Items
30% off orders of $99 or more (See Promotion Details)
- Product Description
- Country Of Origin: United States
- American Experience: The Kennedys: 2003: The legendary Kennedys seemed to have it all-money, power, charm, ambition. From Joe Kennedy's rise on Wall Street to the collapse of his last son's presidential hopes in 1980, the compelling tale of the Kennedy dynasty still fascinates Americans. American Experience presents the first comprehensive look at one man's elusive dream for his family and his nation, beginning in triumph and ending in tragedy.
- American Experience: Lyndon Baines Johnson DVD: Award winning filmmaker David Grubin profiles one of the most controversial U.S. presidents, Lyndon Baines Johnson, who rose from obscurity to the pinnacle of power, only to suffer disillusionment and defeat. Witness the events that brought LBJ from Texas to Washington, the White House, and a landslide election in 1964. Follow his triumphs in passing a wave of social legislation then his downward spiral which ends in withdrawal from politics
- American Experience: Nixon DVD: Richard M. Nixon was one of American history's most powerful figures. Recalling events etched in U.S. memory, this three-hour program explores a fateful mix of strength and weakness that made him president, then brought him down. Events revealing Nixon's distinctive signature in American politics, from a meteoric rise to Congress to the presidency and the morass of Watergate, unfold in three parts: The Quest, Triumph, and The Fall.
- American Experience: Jimmy Carter DVD: immy Carter ran for president on a wave of post-Watergate disaffection with Washington politics. But inexperience, inflation, recession, and the Iran hostage crisis, derailed his presidency dramatically. His crowning achievement, the Camp David Accords, created a framework for Middle East peace, inspiring his life since. The film traces his ascent from Plains, Georgia, to the Oval Office and explores the role of religion in his career.
- American Experience: Reagan DVD: Solidarity thrived in Poland; Soviets faced military pressure in Afghanistan, but Congress cut funding for Nicaragua. In 1986 Reagan met Mikhail Gorbachev, but missile reduction talks failed over SDI research. The Iran-Contra scandal broke. Gorbachev signed a missile reduction treaty. Reagan visited Moscow in 1988, but his dream ofending the Soviet Union came after retirement in 1989. Soon after, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
- American Experience: George H.W. Bush DVD: The latest in a series of critically-acclaimed presidential portraits, this biography examines the life and career of our 41st president, from his service in World War II and early career in Texas to his days in the Oval Office. Drawing upon personal diaries and interviews with his advisors and critics, the film will also explore Bush's role as the patriarch of a political family whose influence is unequaled in modern American life.
- American Experience: Clinton DVD: In the tradition of American Experience's acclaimed Presidents series, Clinton provides an intimate, honest, balanced look at the 42nd president's life, career, and legacy. This definitive biography will track William Jefferson Clinton from his difficult childhood in Hope, Arkansas, through his meteoric rise in state politics, to the highs and lows of his tumultuous presidency.