Travel With Kids - Florida DVDTRWK407 List Price: $14.95 Our Price: $11.99 30% off orders of $99 or more (See Promotion Details)
Planning to visit Florida with kids or just want to learn about the history and nature of the sunshine state? Join the Roberts family as they explore the family attractions and natural wonders of Florida in the award-winning series, Travel With Kids. In three half-hour episodes, the Roberts traverse the sunny peninsula from amusing Orlando to quirky Miami to the laid back Keys.
- Related Items
30% off orders of $99 or more (See Promotion Details)
- Product Description
- Length: 95 minutes on 1 Disc
- Production Year: 2010
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Along the way, they watch a rocket launch, look for nesting sea turtles, ride high-speed rollercoasters, watch for alligators, eat frog legs, discover the wealth of treasure hunting in Key West, snorkel and much more. Whether planning a trip or just dreaming, Travel With Kids Florida is great family fun! Explore, relax, enjoy. Destination...Florida.
Miami & The Everglades: With crazy art deco architecture painted in an array of colors, Miami is a fiesta all the time. The Roberts finds time to join the party cruising South Beach and people watching in outdoor cafes. Miami is surrounded by the ocean. Find out what's best in the water on board an amphibious vehicle, playing in the waves, and checking out an aquarium with our host family. Next, they head inland to explore the Everglades where they come face-to-face with alligators on an exuberant airboat ride and a hike through the backcountry.
Space Coast & Orlando: Launching into space or flying down the rails of some of the world's most incredible roller coasters...the Space Coast and Orlando is built for traveling families. In this episode, the Roberts visit Kennedy Space Center and watch as astronauts hurl into space aboard the Space Shuttle. After that it's time for some super thrills of their own with visits to Orlando's big theme parks. To complete their time, the Roberts kayak downriver to spend some one-on-one time with a manatee family.
The Florida Keys: The Florida Keys has been the subject of mystery and intrigue for many decades. Closer to Cuba than to the other United States, Key West is known for its independent spirit. The Roberts check it out by train in a tour of the sites, by boat at sunset and by bike. Be entertained by the vaudeville atmosphere of the famous Key West Sunset Ceremony, walk the plank at the pirate museum, hop on a bike and pedal your way through the revelers on Duval Street. The exciting atmosphere of Key West is contrasted by the quiet beaches as they head north to Key Largo where they get a slimy kiss from a friendly sea lion.
- Bonus Features:
- Trip Planner with information and videos on family-friendly accommodation & transportation
- Family Travel Tips and Resources
- Florida at Home section with recipes and crafts