Gathering and Use of Information
- We will not collect personal identification information from you, other than any personal identification information that you supply us voluntarily.
- To participate in some activities, you may be asked to provide some personal identification information. This may be in connection with the following:
- contest or sweepstakes registration
- registration for sites or services that require a subscription (such as e-mail newsletters)
- membership in a local PBS station
- transactions in PBS Educational Media
- content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions, or voting
- PBS Online and our affiliated Web sites, and any service providers acting on our behalf, may use your personal identification information for activities explained in this policy, for internal and marketing purposes, or when a mailing list is made available to carefully screened companies whose products or services may interest PBS Educational Media customers.
- We will always explain its use when we ask for personal identification information, either at the time we ask for the information or in this policy. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply opt out (except with respect to information that must be collected or used in connection with transactions in PBS Educational Media). Opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, such as contests.
- With respect to transactions in PBS Educational Media:
- We will use the personal identification information that you supply us (such as name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card number and expiration date) to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations, and to provide customer service. This information also may be used to contact you about sales and special offers, unless you have opted not to receive these types of promotional communications from us. We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources, to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database.
- We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources, to enable us to update and correct the information obtained in our database.
- You can access, correct and update certain personal identification information that you have supplied us in connection with PBS Educational Media by clicking on "Manage Your Account" within the Help Desk area of PBS Educational Media.
- We or our service providers may also release personal identification information if we believe in good faith that: the law or legal process requires it, we have received a valid administrative request from a law enforcement agency, or such release is necessary to protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
Collection and Use of Information about Children